Vegan cakes are hard to find in shops. You can find heavy cakes make of dried fruit in health food shops but not sponges, cupcakes etc. So, the answer is to try one of the many online and cook-
If you want to bake your own cakes, have a look at the recipes on the Cake section of our Eating guide. We also recommend the book Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Vegan Cake Suppliers
- The Hannah Banana bakery has a range of cupcakes, cookies and cheesecake which all look absolutely divine. They can make novelty cakes to order.
- The Heavenly Cake Company make vegan Christmas cakes and custom decorated celebration cakes to order.
- Little Bee Bakery in Hampshire has vegan and gluten free cakes and biscuits amongst their range and can deliver by post.
- Vorrei stock traditionally made vegan panettone.
- Mindful Bites produce a vegan panettone called Veganettone.
You may also find a vegan cake maker in your local area by consulting our local vegan guides.